These are not healthy. They have nothing low fat, low carb, low anything about them. They will not help you start wearing buttonable pants instead of leggings again. But if you don’t make these immediately, you will regret it. That is a promise. Plus, they literally take 10 minutes from start to finish and don’t require an oven. So if you’re in the wilderness or something, these are for you.
I found a recipe but didn’t save it. Who am I? I went from memory as best I could and the end result is delicious.
Goodies you’ll need:
1 stick (1/2 C) unsalted buttah
1 C peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 – 2 C crushed pretzels
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt the butter until it is a pool of delicious fat.
2. In the meantime, crush up your pretzels. Use as many or as few pretzels as you want, depending on how crunchy you want the bars. Mine ended up being about a cup and a half according to my eyeballs. If you have a food processor, have at it. If you don’t, throw ’em in a baggie and crush them using a rolling pin or other suitable object.
They don’t need to be crushed too much, just into little bits.
3. Next, plop your peanut butter (I probably used a tic under a cup actually) into the butter pool and mix those two babies together.
4. Then, add your powdered sugar and mix until its nice and creamy. This obviously still has sugar chunks but I failed to take a better picture, so keep mixing.
5. Stir the pretzels into your peanut butter sugar mixture of heaven. Grab a spoon, dig in, and sit on the couch watching The Bachelor. Or, if you have self control, continue to the next step.
6. Line an 8 x 8 pan (I think anything bigger would make the bars too thin. Unless of course you’re a genius and doubled this recipe) with parchment paper, or foil sprayed with non stick spray, or grease the crap out of it. Just do it. Make the edges hang over a bit. Then pour your mixture into the pan and flatten it out with your spatch.
Stick it in the fridge for about 10 minutes to harden, or freezer if you’re impatient.
7. Meanwhile, take almost the whole bag of chocolate chips (about 1 cup) and melt it. You can be fancy and do this on the stove with a double boiler, or you can do it in the microwave like yours truly. I did it in 30 second intervals and also threw a scoop of peanut butter in there, which is totally optional. Get the good stuff. I promise it’s worth it.
8. Once that’s all melted and the peanut butter mixture is hardened, go to town and just pour that bad boy right on top.
Smooth it out and pop it back in the fridge so the chocolate can harden – probably about 30 minutes.
9. Cut the bars into whatever size you deem appropriate (I did 12). Then just pull the parchment paper out, taking the bars with you. Easy peasy.
This picture really doesn’t do them justice, so just take my word for it.
10. Revel in the creation you have made and try not to eat the entire pan.
Seriously, please make these. They’re so damn good and the easiest things in the world.
HAPPY FRIDAY BEESHES!