It’s a good thing I did some re-arranging & de-cluttering last night, because I’m going to need a new spot to display my trophy. There will be a tangible token for my win, yes? Oh, wait. I didn’t win yet. But I HAVE been nominated for my first blog award, The Liebster. I can only hope that Seth MacFarlane will be hosting the awards ceremony.
The Liebster award is a recognition given to small bloggers by other small bloggers (max 200 followers), and the rules for the awards are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Thank you to the awesome Smash over at Smashing Through Life! Check out her blog right meow.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingy’s.
Below are the answers to the questions that Smash cleverly thought up for her nominees (aka I’m one of ’em!) to answer:
1. How do you take your eggs?
Scrambled. Preferably four of them that will then be filled with cheese and ham and vegetables and skillfully folded in half. So, yes, an omelette. With toast. And bacon if it’s available. Sorry – I feel like this should have been a one word response.
2. What is the best concert you ever went to?
Lee DeWyze at Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton, MA. Let’s just say it’s a good thing I hadn’t started this blog yet.
3. What’s hiding under your bed right now?
I’m scared to look.
4. Worst book you ever read, maybe you couldn’t even finish it. What was it?
Yikes, this is tough. Nerd alert coming out in me, but I don’t think I’ve ever not finished a book, or thought one was bad enough to say it was the worst.
5. How do you like your pizza topped?
In an effort to save time I won’t list every topping combination available, although that’s my true answer. Salad pizza is the bees knees.
6. What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever eaten?
7. What is the most played song on your iPod?
I don’t have many songs on my phone that I play so this will be less embarrassing than everyone (myself included) is expecting: “Love on Top” by Beyonce
8. Would you or do you go to the movies alone?
I never have. I don’t think I could for the mere fact that I need to immediately discuss the last 100 minutes with someone to compare thoughts.
9. When was the last time you got so drunk you couldn’t remember anything the next morning?
10. Something that makes you smile, every single time you think of it. What is it?
Is ice cream too cliche’?
11. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Tried a carrot.
The blogs that I’ve chosen to nominate are *drum roll*
- Things Taste Better in Small Houses
- The Very Single Girl
- This May Sound Crazy, But…
- Existing in Transition
- Miz Nattie’s Chattie
- Don’t Call Me Little, I Prefer People McNugget
- The Great Unwashed
- Mind Over Madness
- The Glamzilla
- The Awkward ChronCicles
- A Pretty White Name
And my carefully crafted questions for them are:
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Car-mel or Car-a-mel?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
- What is the last website you visited?
- Toilet paper. Over or under?
- What was the first concert you went to?
- How do you take your coffee?
- What are you having (or did you have) for dinner tonight?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Thanks again to Smash for nominating me!