1. I was talked into getting a gel manicure last Saturday and it is the most wonderful thing I have ever done. I have super brittle and fragile nails because I bite the crap out of them. Usually, my nails start to chip after 2-3 days. Here are my nails almost a week later.
I even showed you my right hand since I’m righty and that hand usually gets messed up more quickly. This is after being pretty rough on them too. I’ve been doing a lot of baking, which means cleaning dishes (with no gloves). I scrubbed my shower last night for goodness sake and they still look like this.There’s a teeny tiny chip on one finger, but you probably can’t see it. I’m a fan.
2. I am currently reading Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster after my friend Kate recommended it to me. How have I not read this yet? I’m actually laughing out loud and I’m only two chapters into it.
3. I was on a no-carb kick this week. It was going swimmingly until trays of cookies were brought to our company luncheon. Good thing it wasn’t ice cream.
4. I’m still hoping that *N Sync is denying the reunion just so they can pull a Beyonce/Destiny’s Child Superbowl halftime show at the VMA’s on Sunday. If only so uneducated children can finally see the light.
5. Just because I’m in this mood, THE CLAWWWWW. Happy Friday!