1. Why do people continue to refer to Winter as a “Polar Vortex?” It happens every year (usually around November for us folk in the Northeast) but it’s more commonly known as “Winter” or “Awful.” I do realize it was colder than normal in other areas of the country and blah blah blah but if you think I’m going to have any sort of sympathy for Texas having temperatures in the 40’s for two days, you are sadly mistaken.
2. It is officially Christmas Season! I’m shocked I haven’t put up the tree yet and it will probably happen this weekend (sorry, Al). I’ve been listening to Christmas music since November 1st. Anyone who thinks it is too soon is welcome to leave. If you’re not a scrooge and need a good Pandora Christmas music station, I think the choice is clear.
Such a pain in the ass, but so amazing.
3. I started reading Emily Giffin’s The One & Only when I was on vacation in September. I haven’t picked it up since because
I’ve been busy I’m lazy. I finally picked it up the other night and finished it. I enjoyed it but not as much as her other books. I can’t figure out why. *SPOILER ALERT*
I think I just could not wrap my brain around the fact that this girl was not only in love with someone twice her age, but who also happened to be her best friend’s father, oh and he practically raised her. It was just too weird for me. I wasn’t rooting for them. When you’re writing about a kiss and have to point out the man’s wrinkles, you’ve gone too far.
4. Dear Nutella, Peanut Butter, et al: You’ve done a great job over the years, but your services are no longer required.
5. Tomorrow is our 4th Annual Friendsgiving! I can’t decide if I should wear my black leggings, or my black leggings, or my black leggings.